On hold for Mick
A scarce Second World War period very distinct small brass 'Victory V badge'. Originally this would have been presented on a card backing which would have read "The Daily Sketch Kemsley House, London, W.C.1. Herewith Victory V Badge, with thanks. THE EDITOR.". In very good condition retaining original pin fittings which are fully functional. Circa 1.4cm tall.
"Doing Their Bit" by Jon Mills p208 refers.
A printed example of the Lincolnshire Imp on khaki rectangular backing. Worn by 1st, 2nd and 3rd battalions of the City of Lincoln Home Guard. Sticky to reverse otherwise in very good condition. Scarce.
A good early war example, reverse with London silver hallmarks for 1939 and with makers mark "J.C.". In very good condition (silver dark toned), original pin and 'c' clasp fittings (c fitting slightly stretched open but still functional). Circa 3.9cm tall.
Came together, each pair uncut and in unissued condition.
Removed from uniform. Would have been worn with separate numbers below. Scarce.
Removed from overalls, a good worn example with folded over edges, some now a bit frayed and lifting and some stitching marks, and a bit grubby. Of Calico Printers manufacture.
In August 1942 an article in the magazine War Illustrated announced the approval a new badge "to be worn by the men and women engaged in Royal Ordnance Filling Factories" to acknowledge the debt of the country to those undertaking this dangerous work. The cloth badge being presumed for wear on the overalls, but photographic evidence also shows it also being worn on the sleeves of lady clerks from the wages department of ROF Kirkby. There is a plastic version of the badge sealed in 1941.
FS 248 (Oct-Dec 2012) refers.
King's crown, enamel in very good condition. Horseshoe lapel fitting. Maker marked Fattorini & Sons Ltd, Bradford Works, Birmingham. Circa 2.8cm tall. Post 1943.
Sanctioned for wear in 1938, and made by Royal Mint, this badge consisted of the letters TA between two horizontal lines across the centre of a circle. Below the circle is a lion springing aggressively forward with legs outstretched, the whole being surmounted by a king's crown. Badges were of (unmarked) Sterling silver with a lapel fixing in base metal with a number being stamped into the fixing. In this case it is the number "26954". Good condition, with very slight polishing to high points and some dark toning to the silver.
Another example can be found at item 54434.
An original wartime small rectangular brass badge with blue enamel and red enamel to crown with original pin fittings. Small firing hole fault to blue enamel and some wear to red enamel on crown. Circa 1.9cm tall.
Formed in 1940, from the recently raised Local Defence Volunteers (LDV), to counter the threat of invasion from German airborne and seaborne troops (Hitler's "Operation Sea Lion").
website designed and maintained by Concept500