A scarce original post 1943 wartime plastic economy issue badge, the reverse with maker's details 'A Stanley & Sons Walsall 2-A Prov. Pat.' and retaining original pin fittings, but a bit 'salty' and distorted and bending with cracking to the back and pin no longer locks in to the C Clasp. Acceptable from the front, priced accordingly and sold as seen. No returns on this item. Circa 4.3cm tall.
WLA proficiency plastic economy issue badges were produced from 1943 to signify higher level of competence in dairy, poultry, fruit and general farm work, including tractor driving.
Die struck with two original long lugs to the reverse. Circa 33cm tall. In good condition with slight bending to lugs.
Note the initials VRC. Scarce Badge. In very good condition, worn circa 1905-08 only. It bears the four shields of the Inns within laurel wreath bearing a four part scroll `South Africa 1900 1901` with scroll across the base inscribed `Inns of Court VRC`.
Part of the Volunteer Force recreated in WW1, the letters R and C for Reserve Corps were worn on tab ends of the scroll. The badge was worn without a crown and neither did it carry the battle honour for South Africa. A good die struck collar badge with two original lugs to the reverse. Circa 3.2cm tall. Scarce.
Churchill, No 2000 refers.
Die struck cap badge with strong original slider to the reverse. Slight touch of verdigris to left of wreath and spot on scroll otherwise in very good condition. The Inns of Court Officer Training Corps ( Territorial ) Regiment was part of the London Regiment and this cap badge was officially worn circa 1908-1932. They were a yeomanry unit.
The unit was styled as The Innis of Court OTC in 1909 after only a year as the 27th London Regiment. In 1932 the 'OTC' part of their title was discarded and they became The Inns of Court Regiment.
K&K Vol 1 No 1859 refers.
A die struck white metal cap badge with two original loops to the reverse ( e-w ) and maker marked Ludlow London, this has been embossed in the reverse of the mouth of the bugle. Ludlow primarily made officers' badges and this would have been a private purchase item. King's crown so pre 1952. Ludlow naming from mid 1933 onwards. In good condition except from some service wear to lugs and traces of verdgris to base of the fixings. Circa 29mm gap between inside leg of each lug if you are looking to fit this to an officer's cap. Often mistaken for an Edwardian issue other ranks badge. Scarce.
This embroidered collar badge was worn by officers, the RSM and The Bandmaster on the scarlet collar of the Mess Jacket. it is the same pattern of badge as worn on the FS Cap but without the black backing. In very good condition but now missing its yellow paper backing. Scarce.
See Langridge (1961) Plate 1 Fig 7, "Dress Distinctions of the 4th/7th Dragoon Guards.
A small cap badge, circa 3.2cms across, in silver plate (unmarked), enamel and gilt, of two part construction with two original loops to the reverse and with a square of maroon coloured felt backing. Backing confirmed as correct in "Badge Backings & Special Embelishments of the British Army" p19.
Die struck gilding metal collar badge, facing left, with two original loops and two layers of felt backing, the bottlom layer khaki and the top layer red, wired on. Looks like it has been adapted for wear on the field service cap. As it came so I have not played with it.
A collar badge in the design is the hand of Ulster within an oval strap. The title "Antrim Artillery" with in the strap surmounted by a QEII crown. All in gilt with two original loops.
This pattern was shortlived. Worn by officers in gilt and Other Ranks in anodised aluminum, from c1953 to 1956 by the 429th (Antrim) Coast Regiment Royal Artillery (TA).
Circa 7.5cms tall and 4.2cms across. Three short screw posts with two remaining retaining nuts. A Victorian design, but this pattern is still in use today by the Light Cavalry of the HAC who turn out on ceremonial occasions etc. In good condition.
website designed and maintained by Concept500