A single full dress epaulette with the rank insignia of Lt-Col. in very good condition. Missing retaining button. King's Crown 1902 - 1952.
4 loops one twisted.
Unissued condition, a strip of ribbon silk coloured green , black, green, red, green, black green, circa 1.4cm tall and 9cm wide. As worn by officers only of British King's / Queen's Gurkha Infantry Regiments to distinguish them from their Indian counterparts post Independence. Authorised in 1950 and worn lengthwise on the epaulette underneath the badges of rank. Additional quantities /lengths available if required, please email.
BoBD (Jon Mills) No 4757 refers.
Woven and removed from uniform. Circa 8.2cm wide and 3.5cm tall. In very good condition.
Red worsted chevron on black felt backing. Removed from uniform, some edge wear to felt, otherwise in good condition.
Worn points-up on the lower left sleeve. Awarded to Privates and Lance Corporals for 2, 6, 12, or 18 years' service without being subject to formal discipline. It was also removed upon attaining the rank of Corporal, as Non-Commissioned Officers were promoted by merit and punished by loss of rank.
The property of Northumberland Fusiliers / Army Catering Corps - Corporal Walter Brown who served pre war and during WW2.
In good condition but some glue and traces of the display board to which it had been glued remain.
White on Khaki embroidered proficiency arm badge, hessian backed. In very good condition.
Considered by WODC 1957 - 1960 for drivers of armoured fighting vehicles / tanks / armoured cars etc., but thought to be unofficial. Scarce.
Edwards & Langley No 181 refers.
Comm Boha (46)
Removed from uniform, one edge curled up but will flatten with a soft iron, some edge fraying otherwise in reasonable condition. Worn by the rank Staff Sergeant/ Colour Sergeant (SSgt/ CSgt) from the 1960s until 1980.
Comm BoHa (21)
A large item at some 14cm tall, with original paper-backing and in very good unissued condition with no moth or damage, colours bright. Stunning and rare. Of interest to OTC/ CCF collectors and Old Salopians alike.
Comm BoHa (25)
One piece with two original loops to reverse (some service wear). Awarded initially to Lewis Gunners, its use post 1921 was extended to all light machine gunners.
Edwards & Langley No 57 refers.
Comm StWi (42)
website designed and maintained by Concept500