A rare die cast collar LAMB'S badge with two original loops to the reverse (mounted diagonally). As worn by members of the MMGC in the Middle East Theatre. They operated in an small type of armoured car. Left facing, circa 3.7cm wide and 3.1cm tall. In very good condition and totally original.
Die struck with original slider and four sweat / braising / expansion holes to the rear. The bi metal badge was worn prior to 1947. In superb condition.
Gaylor p66 and Plate 21 refers.
Scarce and original white metal cap badge (with the more lion-like looking lion) in good condition with original brooch pin to the reverse. As worn in WW1 by 20th , 21st , 22nd , 23rd and 29th (Service) Battalions, The Northumberland Fusiliers ( Tyneside Scottish ). This badge has a nice curve to it and original stout pin fitting as encountered on WW1 examples.
Col . D Wood No 448 refers.
A large die struck brass cap badge with two original flat loops to the reverse.5.2cm wide and 4.8cm tall. Slight split to top of orb of crown (see photo), otherwise in very good condition with sharp detail. Artistically this is a very attractive item.
The Navy and Army Canteen Board ( NACB ), along with the Expeditionary Force Canteens, was a precursor to the NAAFI (Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes) set up in 1921. The NACB was formed in 1917 from an amalgamation of the Army Canteen Committee, the Canteen and Mess Society, Dickeson's and all other contractors that supplied the Army; the Admiralty also rapidly transferred its allegiance to the NACB, thereby centralising control of the canteen system within the Armed Forces. In March 1917 the extensive appointment of women under the NACB was sanctioned. The Local Education Authorities released 300 trained domestic economy teachers who were appointed as officers. The strength of the Corps in November 1918 was 12,000. After the Armistice eight officers and 500 members of the Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps (QMAAC) in France were transferred to the NACB to carry on the canteen work for the Expeditionary Force Canteens during the dispersal of British troops in France. Two officers and 120 members worked with the Army of Occupation in Cologne.
An excellent badge on original slider, some light polishing to highpoints, with all the attributes that those in the know look for - the goatie beard, the shaggy coat and correct method of attaching scroll to the body, with gilt coloured braising metal. Circa 5cm tall by 5.8cm wide.
A die cast bi-metal greande cap badge with original slider to the reverse (clipped) and a separate die struck white metal coronet with two original loops to the reverse. Grenade has a small sweat / braising / expansion holes to the reverse.
K&K Vol 1 No 694 refers
Brass, Royal Artillery, turning wheel, excavated condition, stub of slider remaining.
Royal Berkshire Regiment, brass, bright and lacquered, a lovely example with sharp detail but sadly slider removed.
Irish Guards Cap Star, gilding metal, two original loops to reverse but centre badly polished with lack of detail to motto and shamrock. Obviously worn by a very shiney guardsman!
In good condition with original slider. Slightly tapering as found on earlier examples.
Scarce and original die struck white metal cap badge in good condition with original brooch pin to the reverse. As worn in WW1 by 20th , 21st , 22nd , 23rd and 29th (Service) Battalions, The Northumberland Fusiliers ( Tyneside Scottish ). This pattern was introduced in 1916 and not worn in WW2.
Col . D Wood No 451 refers
Scarce and original white metal cap badge (with the more lion like looking lion) in good condition with original brooch pin to the reverse. As worn in WW1 by 20th , 21st , 22nd , 23rd and 29th (Service) Battalions, The Northumberland Fusiliers ( Tyneside Scottish ). This badge has a very high finish and looks to have been silver plated and is not the dull flat white metal normally encountered.
Col . D Wood No 448 refers.
website designed and maintained by Concept500