+44 (0)7411 113584
Pakistan Army - 5th ( Probyn 's ) Horse Officer's Pagri Cap Badge
A very fine unmarked silver & gilt officer's pagri cap badge to the 5th Probyns Horse, now an armoured regiment of the Pakistan Army. Original pin fixing and c clasp to the reverse (north-south). Circa 4.4cm tall. This is the post 1956 issue as the "Ich Dien" has been replaced by Urdu script. In 1956, Pakistan became a republic and all titles pertaining to British royalty were dropped, although they did retain the POW feathers in the design.
Code: 59815Price: 65.00 GBP
Indian Army - 13th Duke of Connaught 's Own Lancers Bi Metal Cap Badge, pre 1947
A quality two part construction quality bi-metal cap badge with four original small lugs to the reverse. Circa 4.2 cm tall. No damage to lance pennants or points. Some minor service wear to gilt finish.
The regiment was formed in 1923 as 13th Duke of Connaught's Own Lancers by the amalgamation of 31st Duke of Connaught's Own Lancers and 32nd Lancers. On Partition of India in 1947, the regiment was allotted to Pakistan.
Code: 59814Price: 55.00 GBP
Indian Army - Scarce Officer's Pagri Headdress Badge Kolar Gold Fields Battalion, AFI Indian Army, pre 1947
A scarce solid cast officer's style construction pagri badge with a gilt finish with original pin fixings and pin, which are fully functional. The badge is a crossed pickaxe and hammer in circle superscribed "Kolar Gold Fields Bn", all surmounted by a crown (Cox's book p2723 refers). Some wear to gilt finish but overall in very good condition. Circa 4.8cm tall.
The Kolar Gold Fields are believed to be the second deepest gold mines in the world. Situated at a distance of approximately 120km from Bangalore.
The Auxiliary Force (India) (AFI) was a part-time, paid volunteer organisation within the Indian Army in British India. Its units were entirely made up of European and Anglo-Indian personnel.
The AFI was created by the Auxiliary Force Act 1920 to replace the unpopular British section of the Indian Defence Force, which had recruited by conscription. By contrast, the AFI was an all-volunteer force modelled after the British Territorial Army.
Unit history: 1903 formed as the Kolar Gold Fields Rifle Volunteers on 23rd January from a detachment of the Bangalore Rifle Volunteers
1917 became 43rd Kolar Gold Fields Battalion on 1st April
1920 redesignated on 1st October as the Kolar Gold Field Battalion (Infantry).
Code: 59812Price: 145.00 GBP
Indian Army - Assam Regiment Silver plated Officers Cap badge with long slider for pagri wear - maker marked
A very attractive badge heavy die cast and has a very good quality to it typical of Indian officer's badges. Long slider maker marked Saharan Bros Ludhiana. Circa 4cm wide and 4cm tall including slider. Great condition.
Code: 59748Price: 30.00 GBP
Indian Army - 61st Prince of Wales 's Own ( Madras) Pioneers Officer 's Bi Metal Pagri Badge, 1906 - 1910 only, Gaunt
A large and attractive bi-metal pagri badge to the 61st Prince of Wales 's Own Pioneers, 1906 - 1910 only, JR Gaunt & Sons Ltd, London stamped in a crescent to the reverse. Original clasp and pin fitting (point of pin dulled to a flat point), and with two braising / sweat holes behind the pin fitting. In very good condition and with sharp detail. Circa 5.9cm tall and 6.3cm wide. Scarce.
Prior to from 1903 to 1906, the unit was known as the 61st Madras Pioneers. Post accession of King George V in 1911, as the 61st King George's Own Pioneers.
Code: 59588Price: 130.00 GBP
Indian Auxiliary Army - The Scots Company Bombay Volunteer Rifles White Metal Glengarry badge - Gaunt Tablet
A lovely heavy quality white metal Glengarry badge, based on the design of the London Scottish, but as issued for the Scottish Company of the Bombay Volunteer Rifles. A WW1 period badge, worn 1914 - 1922.. With two original loops to the reverse and a thin maker's tablet JR Gaunt London to the reverse. Circa 5.5cm tall. Rare.
Code: 59540Price: 300.00 GBP
Indian Army Auxiliary Forces - Lucknow Volunteer Rifles Bronze Cap Badge
A good bronzed die struck cap badge, most likely English made, with two original lugs to the reverse. Circa 4.5cm tall. The residency at Lucknow depicted post the gallant defence undertaken during the Indian Mutiny in 1857. A badge that tells its own story! In good condition with sharp detail. Scarce.
Formed as the Oudh Volunteer Rifle Corps on 10 August 1865. Reorganised as the Lucknow Volunteer Rifle Corps on 10 January 1872. Became the Oudh Volunteer Rifle Corps on 6 June 1884 and again the Lucknow Volunteer Rifles on 24 July 1903. Reconstituted as 5th (Lucknow) Group Garrison Artillery on 1st April 1917; became VI (Lucknow) Field Brigade on 1st October1920 and in 1933 finally designated as No 13 (Lucknow) Field Battery.
Code: 59474Price: 110.00 GBP
Indian Army - The IX ( 9th ) JAT Regiment ' Heroes ' Cast White Metal Cap Badge
9th JATs Cast white metal with two original lugs to the reverse. Circa 5.2cm wide and 4.5cm tall.
The IX (9th) JAT Regiment of the Indian Army existed from 1922 to 1947, and consisted of the following units:
1st Royal Battalion (Light Infantry)
2nd Battalion (Mooltan Battalion)
3rd Battalion (from 10th Jats)
4th Battalion (from 18th Infantry)
The regiment was allocated to India at the time of partition (1947).
Code: 59466Price: 22.00 GBP
Colonial Indian Police Senior Officer's Hallmarked Silver Helmet Plate / Pouch Badge, 1910
A simply stunning large pattern helmet / pouch badge with two original screw fittings to the reverse. Maker marked BWL and London hallmarks date letter P (1910). Circa 6.4cm tall and 5.5cm wide. King's Crown. Some minor tarnishing / toning to silver, otherwise in great condition.
Code: 59288Price: 275.00 GBP
CLH - Indian Auxiliary Army Calcutta Light Horse Gilt Shoulder Title
In good condition with two small loops to the reverse. Evidence of heavy gilt to the reverse. A quality item.
The Calcutta Light Horse was raised in 1872 and formed part of the Cavalry Reserve in the British Indian Army. The regiment was disbanded following India's independence in 1947.
The CLH are most noted for their attack (with members of the Calcutta Scottish) against the German merchant ship, 'Ehrenfels'. The operation was organised by SOE's India Mission. It was kept covert, to avoid the political ramifications of contravening Portuguese neutrality in Goa, and was not revealed until thirty-five years afterwards, in 1978. The 'Ehrenfels' was known to be transmitting information on Allied ship movements to U-boats from Mormugao harbour in Portugal's neutral territory of Goa.
The Light Horse embarked on the barge 'Phoebe' at Calcutta and sailed around India to Goa. After the 'Ehrenfels' was sunk in March 1943 by the team of British saboteurs, British intelligence dispatched an open message over the air falsely warning that the British would invade Goa. The crews of the other two German merchant ships in the harbour, the 'Drachenfels' and 'Braunfels', received the message and scuttled their ships in Goa's harbour in the belief that they were protecting their ships from capture by the British. Italian ships in the harbour were also destroyed.
As the end credits of the 1980 film "The Sea Wolves" (starring Gregory Peck, Roger Moore and David Niven and which immortalised this action) stated that during the first 11 days of March 1943, U-boats sank 12 Allied ships in the Indian Ocean. After the Light Horse raid on Goa, only one ship was lost in the remainder of the month.
& maintained by Concept500